Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sasu's Tale* Prologue- Creeping Darkness

Finally here with the other version of Elementdiaz.
Sort of like the high school version. =] I was suppose to be able to write and post in faster but sorry!!!
I know my stories might not be good but I've given my best to them. I even edited them alittle from the original "draft" I wrote. So I hope that you guys will enjoy. =D
Well, here goes!


Prologue

Creeping Darkness

Light.

A faint light shone into the dark place I was in. The light source then shone brighter and brighter. Then before I knew it, a figure of a human slowly appeared when the place was filled with light.

I stared at the figure which appeared to be a long haired woman with a weird tiara on her head. She walked towards me gracefully as her long hair flew gently. I eyed her with envy. How could such a beautiful person exist?

As she stood in front of me, she smiled at me. The most beautiful smile I had ever seen. She placed my hand together and held them. She felt warmer than most people doid but I wasn’t afraid of this stranger. Instead, I felt like I wanted her to tell me more.

And then, she finally spoke.

“Miyuki.”

I look up to her and answered, “Yes…?”

“Look into the mirror and tell me what you see.” She said and smiled again. As she pointed to the left, I turned to see our reflection. I had almost the same sort of tiara as the beautiful stranger and I was wearing the same dress as she wore.

I touched the tiara and traced its design. “What is this?”

“I’m the holder of the fire and light element and your guardian. You are the princess of fire and light.” She answered. I stared at her with wide eyes. Princess? You’ve got to be kidding. “Now, look into your hands.” She instructed, letting go of my hands. I did as instructed and I saw a crystal in each of my hands.

But then the light started to fade and the stranger-woman started to fade as well.

“W-wait!” I exclaimed as I tried to reach out for her, with the crystals in my hands. There was still so much I wanted to ask!

As the light and the beautiful stranger faded into darkness, I felt someone shaking me. I was irritated with the shaking. Was it why everything is fading?

“Miyuki…!” But then I heard my name.

“Miyuki!!” The sound came again. “If you are not waking up, the teacher is going to kick you out.”

My eyes burst open.

Ouch.

I looked around to find myself in the classroom. Daydreaming; again. Someday, I’m sure to land myself in hot soup. I turned back with a grateful smile to thank Hana. She was used to my usual daydreaming and never failed to wake me up. Well, you can’t blame me for this right? I’m no good with listening to lectures or watching PowerPoint slides. They're like sleeping pills to me.

I looked at my science notes as I sketched out a rough idea of the crystals in my dream. What was that about? Fire and light crystals? Hm. Dreams are dreams. What was I thinking in the first place?

“Kaori Miyuki! What is a habitat?”

I stood up from my seat, shook my head and answered while taking a few glimpse of the notes.

I’m from a family which is famous for being the best assassins in town. Everyone in the family must start taking jobs from their 16th birthday. My mother didn’t want to force me to be one because she knew it wasn’t nice for a girl to start staining her hands with blood just at the age of 16. Well, in fact, no one might want me. That’s one of the factors that caused my mum to worry. My father doesn’t take jobs anymore but instead trains and teaches the new recruits. My brother, Ichiru, was like every average male in the family, taking job since 16. He’s 18 now and still rather protective of me.

***********************

The sound of bullet firing didn’t stop.

“Popuri?” I asked.

“Miyuki?” a voice answered back.

I nodded my head; that was sure to be Popuri. Yunamiko Popuri is her full name. I’ve known her since I was pretty young. Popuri loves to play around with guns. She trains at the basement of her house everyday since her parent bought her one in start of the year. She enjoys the idea of being a gunslinger, forever bringing different kind of guns and cannon wherever she goes. I used to be inspired by her idea but I know now it’s impossible. It was better for me to stick with what my family does best. Plus, I still remember what happened when Popuri passed her gun to me for me to try. For experience. I remembered clearly that I had pointed it at the target board but instead I found myself pointing the gun at a cushion near by and a big hole was made. “Oops.” I muttered when I saw the hole I made. From then, Popuri and I made it a point to remember that a gun would be really dangerous if I was the one holding it.

As usual, Popuri was still in her school uniform, practicing. I wondered how her teacher managed to miss the gun that was with her during the spot check.

I settled myself in a corner with the cushion I shot while waiting for Popuri to finish her practice. Weirdly enough, the dream came into my mind again. I shook my head and reminded myself that dreams are dreams. It can’t be real. Yet, a tiny part of me was hoping it was true. I then looked up to see Popuri staring at me.

“Are you okay?” She asked. Her voice was filled with concern.

“Yea, I’m just thinking of something. Don’t mind me. Continue with your training.” I assured her with a smile. Popuri shook her head, not satisfied by my answer. Well, I can’t lie well can I?

She placed her gun back and sat next to me. All of sudden, her eyebrows tilted and the side of her lips frowned. Now, she looked as if she was more distracted and troubled than I was. I patted her gently on her head, worried.

“Why? What’s wrong?” I asked.

She placed her hands on top of her head and mumbled, “I’m terrified. I’m afraid. Something tells me that something bad is coming. I’m scared.”

I patted her again. Popuri was always right about this. She had never been wrong before. When she expects something to happen then it will. As in, she was gifted with it. I soothed her. What could happen?

**********************************

Light.

It was that same light in my previous dream but this time I was in a much grander place. Like a palace hall. I look around, in search of the beautiful stranger.

“Miyuki…” Her voice echoed through the room. This time, her face was just as troubled and distracted as Popuri’s. She came towards me immediately, her eyebrows tilted.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“You must awaken soon my dear Miyuki.” She said as her warm hand was placed at my cheek, soothing me. “What’s wrong? Popuri must know something too right?” I asked. “Popuri... The Princess of earth and air. She is special. Just like you.” She answered.

“Why are the both of you so worried? What’s going to happen?” I asked. “Darkness is approaching.” She answered before everything started to fade again.

Darkness?

Before I knew it, I saw a pair of eyes staring at me. Lusting for power. He was staring at me with such creepy eyes. I shook in fear and then felt pangs of pain on my body. The eyes seemed to be happy about what they were seeing.

The pain.

No…

“Noo!!!” I shouted. Beads of sweat were rolling down my forehead. I looked around to see four armed creatures staring at me with strong intent to kill. I stared at each of them, fear overruling me. I wanted to scream but my throat was too dry to allow me to project any noise.

And then, ani-sama broke into my room. As soon as he was here, the creatures disappeared. He stared at me with concerned eyes. I was panting. I trembled.

Ichiru ani-sama then ran to me with his arms around me.

“Imooto, are you okay?” He asked, worried.

I couldn’t make out anything to answer him but three words while clinging to him.

“Darkness… is approaching…”

***********
And that's all for now!
Sorry!!!

No comments: